Wednesday, November 13, 2013

1953 NSU Sportmax Racer


Recently there have been a couple of vintage racers with the old fashioned "dustbin" style fairings that enclose the front wheel of the motorcycle come up for sale. There's something I really love about the look of these old racers, and in my opinion, this 1953 NSU Sportmax which recently sold on ebay has one of the best of the "dustbin" style fairings. The prices of these original racers are way out of my league, but for a future project, I'd love to build a vintage "dustbin" style racer when I find a bike that's the right candidate. 








Another NSU design that has always intrigued me is this totally enclosed two wheel design. I don't know much about it. All I've ever seen is this illustration, so I'm curious if one was ever actually built.

No comments:

Post a Comment