Sunday, June 10, 2012

2012 HoAME Vintage Motorcycle Show

The Heart of America Motorcycle Cycle Enthusiast club held their annual vintage motorcycle show June 3rd at the Airline History Museum at the Wheeler Downtown Airport in Kansas City, Missouri. Wheeler Downtown Airport was originally called Richards Field and was dedicated by Charles Lindbergh in 1927. In 1972 Kansas City replaced its downtown airport with a new airport north of downtown called Kansas City International Airport. Today the old downtown airport is primarily used for corporate and recreational aviation. It also houses the National Airline History Museum. Many years ago, I lived in loft that overlooked the Missouri River and the downtown airport. There are times I really miss the beautiful sunsets over the river and watching the planes take off and land at the old airport.











































2 comments:

  1. You have a flair for spotting the best of all vintage bikes. And when we say vintage bike shows, Triumphs would definitely rule them. And in spite of you not focusing on that one, the red Ducati in the background has always caught my eye for some reason. Haha! Which ones are your faves, by the way?

    Regards,
    Erik Lucien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm..... It would be hard to pick a fave. Maybe I'm partial to vintage German bikes. I really want a R25, R26 or R27 because they share the same basic engine as my Isetta's. I also really like DKW RT125's and similar looking bikes like my Csepel Danuvia. One of these days I'm going to do a post about DKW RT125 clones. Thanks for your comment - BZ

    ReplyDelete