Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Isetta - Speedometer



For me, the Isetta's VDO speedometer is another iconic design feature of the Isetta. Anybody who knows Isetta's instantly recognizes the graphics of this beautiful little speedometer. I'm getting ready to ship mine off to Palo Alto Speedometer to be refurbished. I'll update this post with some pictures of the refurbished speedometer when I get it back.




7/11/2011 - I just received my speedometer back from Palo Alto Speedometer. It received a full cosmetic and mechanical restoration. As you can see from the photos, they did a beautiful job. I can't wait until my car is painted and this baby is back in the dash.


The original number dials which were replaced during the restoration of my speedometer.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's beautiful....how much did they charge you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably best talk price with PAS. Its dependent on the condition of your speedometer and how much restoration you want done.

    ReplyDelete